|172 government funded projects
|2037 private funded projects and contracts
|8 research centers
Since 1996, the university has implemented many scientific research themes which consist of more than 172 projects sponsored by government, 494 projects funded by the ministries, 1060 projects funded by HUMG and 2037 research projects and contracts funded by industrial companies with total budget of VND 800,0 billion for the academic year of 2010-2011.
HUMG is considered as one of the leading institutions nationwide that have a large amount of intellectual potentials in basic research of all fields related to Earth’s Science. With a large number of highly qualified academic staff, the university always meets the requirements for research and development of technology in the fields of mining, geology, surveying, petroleum, information technology, economics and business management which contribute greatly to social-economic development of Vietnam.
In Vietnam, the applied sciences and technology transfer are very critical for the economic development. To facilitate the application of modern technology the relevant fields, the university has established an R & D companies (named as Consultancy, Technology Development and Construction Company - CODECO), and 8 research application and technology transferring centers.
LIST OF RESEARCH CENTERS
· Research Center of Applied Electro-Mechanics in Mining
· Geotechnical Research Center
· Center of Geo-environment Research
· Center of Experimental Mining Research
· Research Center of Engineering Surveying
· Research Center for Mining and Geological Sciences and Technologies Support and Development.
· Research Center for Applied Modern Technology in Surveying and Mapping
· Research Center of Development of Mineral Technology