|The 1st International Conference 'Advances in Enviromental Engineering for Natural Resources Mining|
|Tuesday, 18 January 2011|
1st International conference
IN ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING FOR NATURAL RESOURCES MINING
22-24. June 2011
At the Hanoi University of Mining and Geology, and Quang Ninh coal area, Vietnam
Call for papers
- HUMG – VINACOMIN and
- DAAD -
1. Conference Theme
The mining of
natural resources plays an important role in the development
of many countries.
With generous funding by our main sponsor, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Department of Environmental Engineering for Mining of the Environment Faculty at Hanoi University of Mining and Geology (HUMG) will hold an international conference on the advances in environmental engineering for natural resources mining. Above all, the conference will allow for the exchange of ideas and information by experts in the field of environmental engineering for natural resources mining. Among the topics to be addressed are:
• Underground mining: Subsidence assessment; Risk assessment and disaster prevention; Acid mine drainage, etc.
• Surface mining: Air pollution controls; Hazardous tailing controls and management;Landslide and Slope stability, etc.
• Petroleum production: Environmental technology; Oil spills,etc.
• Other resource mining issues such as: impacts on surface water, groundwater, and renewable energy resources, etc.
2. Conference Date & Venue
22 – 24. June 2011
At the HUMG,
3. Conference Layout
is planned to extend over three days, from Wednesday
morning to Friday afternoon. The conference will start off with a number of keynote
which will stake out the political and institutional framework of
The next two days will be for presentations by the organizers and foreign participants and some invited guests.
The coal mines in Quangninh,
4. Participation & Contributions
Any interested person may attend the conference by submitting the registration form by e-mail to the conference secretariat. Contributions in the form of oral presentations or reports / posters are welcome.
The Scientific Committee will decide on acceptance of presentations in a peer- review process.Authors will be notified in due time to hand in full versions of their papers for a proceedings volume available at the conference. Later publication in international scientific journals is encouraged by the conference organizers and will receive appropriate support.
5. Conference Fee
Funding for the workshop is limited to 30 participants of the DAAD-Alumni. Conference fee for any another participants is 30 USD for only the first dayin Hanoi and 200 USD for three days including the first day in Hanoi and two next days in Quangninh. Limited financial support for attending the conference may be granted to participants from HUMG and VINACOMIN. Applications should be directed to the conference secretariat and will be considered pending availability. The fee includes three days conference and excursion, full documentation, refreshments during coffee and lunch breaks, as well as a dinner event.
6. Important Deadlines
- Submission of abstracts: 15/3/2011
- Notification of acceptance: 30/3/2011
- Submission of full papers:15/5/2011
- Submission of presentations: 15/6/2011
7. Conference Organization
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Phuong, HUMG;
- Dr.-Ing. Phan Quang Van, HUMG;
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen QuangLuat, HUMG;
- Dr. Nguyen Quang Minh, HUMG;
- Mrs. Nguyen Minh Nguyet, DAAD
- Dr. Tran Tu Ba, Institute for Mining
Science and Technology, VINACOMIN;
- Dipl. Nguyen Dinh Thinh, Director of
Duonghuy Mine, VINACOMIN;
- Dipl. Pham Thanh Dong, Director of
Cocsau Mine, VINACOMIN.
8. Conference Committee
- Dr.-Ing. Phan Quang Van, HUMG;
- Prof.Dr. Vo Chi My, HUMG;
- Assoc. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bui Xuan
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Hai An, HUMG;
- Dr. Nguyen Anh Tuan, Institute for Mining Science and Technology, VINACOMIN;
- Assoc.Prof. Dr. Phung Manh Dac, Vice
Director of VINACOMIN;
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Carsten Drebenstedt, TU
Dr.-Ing. habil. Ulrich Beims, Grundwasserforschungsinstitut GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Robert B. Finkelman,
- Prof. Dr. Glenn B. Stracher, East
9. Conference Secretariats
• Dr.-Ing. Phan Quang Van Faculty of Environment, HUMG Tel./Fax: (0084) 4 37525052
• Dr. Le Van Thao
Tel./Fax: (0084) 35180437
Mobil: (0084) 0919358406
• Ma. Dang Thi Ngoc Thuy, Faculty of Environment, HUMG
Tel./Fax: (0084) 4 3 7525197
10. Opportunities for Sponsors and Exhibitors
Exclusive space in front of the plenary hall is available for companies and institutions to showcase their products and services. Prospective exhibitors, as well as sponsors, may contacts the conference secretariat.