As you know, Indian educational system has been undergoing a paradigm shift in the recent past.
India has the world's second largest post-secondary student population of around 14 million. It is expected that this number will double over the next 12 years. Further, the Indian economy is transforming into an international powerhouse requiring
India to provide the best possible educational opportunities for its citizens. In the face of a growing demand for post secondary education and limited capacities,
India is turning to foreign universities to bridge the anticipated gap.
India is also keen to improve the quality of its own higher education with the help of reputable foreign universities. Government of
India is playing an active role in this process.
Indo-Global Education Summit 2011 is a unique event which is being organized in
India as a sequel to the highly successful Education Summits held in 2009 and 2010. The Summit 2011 will have sessions on collaborative research programs, joint undergraduate and graduate programs, twinning & transfer programs, distance education programs, faculty & student exchange programs, study abroad in
India programs, and other academic partnerships. The major fields covered would be Engineering & IT, Business & Management, Life Sciences & Biomedicine, Natural Sciences, Arts & Humanities, and Social Sciences. There will be one-on-one meetings between representatives of Indian institutions and those of foreign universities. for forging academic collaborations. The Summit 2011 is specifically designed for university vice-chancellors, presidents, provosts, deans, enrollment / recruitment officers, and their executive-level team members.
Highlights of the Summit 2011
* Most comprehensive educational event of its kind ever held in
* Biggest networking event for leaders in education from around the World
* Convergence of who is who of the huge Indian educational system
* Participation by an estimated 200 top universities from around the World
* Participation by an estimated 1,000 Indian educational institutions
* Attendance of an estimated 15,000 Indian students interested to study abroad
* Major Sessions on academic collaborations in several academic disciplines
* Recruitment sessions involving one-on-one meetings with Indian students
* Awards for educational excellence to institutions world-wide
* Extensive media coverage for the
Summit during and after the event
* Special programs for spouses of foreign participants of the
The Indus Foundation is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to the promotion of higher education in
India . The Foundation is well established in
India for over 15 years, with its own extensive network of offices. An important mission of the Foundation is to galvanize high-impact educational collaborations between reputable foreign universities and Indian institutions. The Foundation recognizes that collaborative programs and other academic partnerships between foreign universities and Indian institutions are extremely useful in meeting the rapidly growing educational needs in
India . Further, the Foundation is committed to assisting Indian students for study in reputable foreign universities. The motto of the Foundation is: Educational Excellence Without Borders. Over the years, the Foundation has emerged as a leading player in the Indian education field.